Your Save the Dates have been mailed out and now you need to work on your wedding invitations suite but you do not know where to begin.
Invitation suites can have many pieces. Below I will outline the basic pieces you will want to include in your wedding suite, plus the additional pieces you can add to it to make it custom depending on the look and feel of your wedding.
Invitations should be mailed out no later than 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding, but I normally recommend 8 to 12 weeks. For a destination wedding or guests coming from overseas, the invitations should be mailed out even earlier to ensure your guests have enough time to make travel arrangements and hotel reservations.
The first thing to do is to be informed on what normally goes into a wedding invitation suite to know what you are looking for.
The wedding stationery suite typically includes:
◦ Wedding Invitation (5X7) – Contains the basic information – who, when, and where
◦ Response Card (5 X 3.5) and a 4 BAR envelope – The card the guests fill out and mail back to RSVP. It often includes meal choice and names of guests. Return address can be printed on the envelopes.
◦ Accommodation Card (Optional but recommended) – Contains details not included on the invitation, such as hotel information, reception details, dress code, and wedding website address.
◦ Small Enclosure Insert – Traditionally serves as an invitation to the reception if it is not at the same location as the wedding ceremony, and contains additional details such as the dress code and parking information. This information can also be included on an accommodation card.
◦ Envelope Liner (optional) – Add elegance and a splash of color to your wedding stationery set. The liner goes inside your wedding invitation envelope and ads extra detail to your suite.
◦ Pockets (optional) – Pockets are a beautiful way to add color and functionality to your wedding invitations. The pocket keeps your Wedding Invitation, RSVP Card, RSVP Envelope and Detail Card organized together in a beautiful presentation.
◦ Belly Bands (optional) –adding a nice visual accent to the pocket, and holding the pocket closed in the envelope. The belly band slides off the pocket, allowing the pocket to open. On the belly band, you can use a monogram, your names and or a design of your choice.
◦ Thank You Cards – Matching thank you cards can be ordered at the same time as the invitations. We can also make a wedding photo into a thank you card.
Order your Invitations, RSVP Cards, Envelopes, and Accommodation Cards at the same time.
If you have any other ideas that you would like to add to your wedding invitation suite please feel free to share your ideas with your Stationer. They will recommend a way to include it on one of these pieces or brainstorm with you to make your wedding invitations custom to your needs. The wedding invitation process is a lot of fun and seeing your wedding invitations in print is a moment to cherish.
Have fun, be creative and let me know how I can help you!